Thursday, May 26, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend

Plans? Yah. Three day weekend, woo hoo. So we're about ready to lay the pipes in the ground for our new sprinkler system. Finally! We are doing it! I've been wanting grass since it got warm, and this is the year we're gonna get it come hell or high water. Savannah needs it,
Jake needs it, Muffers needs it, I need it.

Michael is leaving this Saturday to work with his Uncle Paul on the farm for the summer. It sure is gonna be lonely without him. He's a quiet kinda guy but that makes no difference, he will be greatly missed not being around. I will probably call him every night for the first month. I hope he'll come back.

Well since I haven't properly introduced my family and here I am talking about them, let me tell you a little bit more.

Michael is 16, the oldest son, very tall and a thinker. He likes to write books, read The Hobbit, listen to music, and is still a student driver, so you might not be too safe on the Utah County roads for now. Jake is 14, the middle child. He likes to play football, baseball, and anything that involves action outdoors. He is a social butterfly and cracks everyone up.

Savannah is just 16 months old on Sunday. She loves to play outside and have someone read her books. Her favorites are Tyrone the Horrible and Hop on Pop. She is the youngest, but for how long, I don't know. Charlie is my husband. We met on MSN Chat in July of 2002. He and I traveled between Utah and Wyoming to see each other after we got to know one another online and on the phone for two months. We got married July of 2003 and now have a home and three kids instead of just two! (Hence that is where Savannah came in.)
Can't forget about the cats, now can we? Muffers, black and white in the back, and Kittens. Age 3 & 2. (Almost)

I suppose I will stop by Dad's to say hello and that I didn't forget him on Memorial Day, but he knows I think about him all the time already. It's year two without him, and it seems he never left and unbelievable he's not still here yet at the same time there is a big empty void only leaving his memory in it's presence. Wish he could come visit for real. This time of year was his favorite. If he were here, he'd be wanting everyone over for a BBQ or weenie roast this weekend. He'll be here, but not in tangible form, so we'll be celebrating with him only in a different way.

No comments: