Saturday, June 11, 2005

Back to school...

For Charlie that is. I just realized this afternoon that he will be going back to school next week. I was like, "What? Already?" He's been going to school for 3 semesters now at ITT Technical Institue to get his degree in Electronic Technology. This will be his fourth semeseter. Since he'll be gone two nights out of the week, I will probably bombard my space here with more blogs than usual. His classes run from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., so I usually wait up for him on those days. Oh well, blogging is good for me, I mean if it weren't for this free space, I wouldn't be keeping any kind of other diary. It's funny. To me it makes a difference knowing that if someone will be reading it that makes it worth writing. It's like I have someone to write to. So thanks for reading and replying! Only thing is, is there a way to save this stuff on a disk or something so it doesn't get all lost?

So my clam chowder turned out great yesterday. Too bad it was too chewy for Michael to eat comfortably. First day is the hardest after oral surgery, funny how I don't remember much of mine. I guess I should have made something more along the lines of tomato soup. I just don't think to remember how hard it is sometimes to eat even the tiniest little chunks when you have had work done on your mouth after coming home from the dentist.

Oh yeah, so we finally saw Episode III!!! I really liked it, in fact this is the first I have ever really been into Star Wars. I think having Charlie help me to understand the first two episodes was the key. I don't know who's idea it was to start the movies with the fourth book, but man, I have always been confused about what the big deal was with Star Wars until now. I mean not everyone has read the books like Charlie has, right? Yeah, he's read them, every one. Not to mention all of The Hobbit and LOTR books too. I know.

I'm kind of disappointed though. I had to come home and watch "A New Hope" after we saw the movie in the theater, but I was really let down with the older effects and the acting of the character Obe One. It was strange; to me the older version of Kanobi was more young and carefree than the one in the prequels. I don't know...just me I guess. I'm beginning to think my friend, Gina, is right. Maybe they should recreate the rest of the movies...I'm sure everyone would pay to see them all again, wouldn't you?

No comments: