Monday, June 06, 2005

Cheese please?

So my mac and cheese turned out okay for the most part. Not exactly as what I was craving, but it was still mac and cheese. I didn't have any bread crumbs for the topping so I used crushed saltines...eh, edible I guess. And I'm wondering how do they get the cheesey crust to form on the outside? By not using aluminum foil?

My biggest problem with cooking is that I need to remind myself I am no longer living in a house with 6 kids. I learn to make stuff by copying what mom did from when I was younger and lo and behold, I come out with a huge pan (the next size up from the 13x9 baking pan) of this mac and cheese. Well needless to say, I have leftovers now for days of it and will probably continue my cooking career with making oversized amounts. My kids are getting to where they hate leftovers because we have so many between my cooking and my husband's. Charlie used to be a cook in a restaraunt, so yeah, his portions aren't minmal either. At least we won't starve, eh?

The pineapple-upside-down cake was good too, only I should have sprayed the sides of the pan to keep the cake from sticking there. And why is that everytime I've made a yellow cake lately it is always crumbly as can be? Had it been picture perfect, I'd attach a photo for you now. It was very tasty though. Charlie liked the caramelized taste of the butter and brown sugar topping, and yes, so did Savannah. I think she's gonna be like her momma, sweet tooth and all! Yummilicious!

No comments: