Monday, June 27, 2005

Crystal Hot Springs 2005

Well, our trip was a success. We left pretty early to go to the Springs, but can you believe it? We ran into traffic due to road construction. I'm tellin' ya...you'd think if you went far enough out
of the cities it would get better, but I guess those roads in the middle of no where need work too. (Not!)

After we settled into camp, we all went swimming. Savannah loved it. She especially laughed when I would go under the water and then pop back up. I don't think she had the concept of the amount of water there was cause as we were drying ourselves she took off after a beach ball and almost ran right into the pool! The boys got a little burned on the second day of swimming, but not too bad. They had a lot of fun too, I think most of their time was spent in the water on tubes their Aunt Kathy bought them but probably lounging and looking at the swim wear on the opposite sex!

The first night we had steaks. Charlie wanted to BBQ them over a fire but instead we bought charcoal briquettes and some wooden chips flavored with either Hickory or Mesquite I don't remember, all I do know is that they were good! The second day, my sister's husband, Jay, made BBQ pork meat in the Dutch oven and we had a late lunch with them. It was also
very good. I gotta tell you though, I missed Savannah's high chair. It was hard juggling her on my lap, feeding her, and eating my food at the same time. She has gotten to be quite the little Miss Independent. She now wants to feed herself everything, which is fine if she's in the high
chair, but this weekend we didn't have that option.

Savannah is also little Miss Goes a Lot. She was walking around as if she owned the whole campsite. She would walk out of the campsite into another, then come back and tease the dog, then climb up the picnic table, then crawl up into Grandma's motor home. It was relief to come
home and not have to worry about where she was next since she's pretty much limited to getting too hurt inside the house. Because she is so active, one of her newest nicknames is Suzy Shiner. You see, the little BBQ pit that we used for the steaks was also about the same height as
her little face. She often walks around while looking behind her at something else. Needless to say she usually bumps into stuff 99% of the time, so of course she ran right into the corner of the BBQ. Luckily it was during the day with nothing burning in it, but she sure did give herself a shiner in the shape of the Nike Swoop.

All in all we had a good time. I only wish my sister Monica could have stayed for the whole time. I don't get to see her very often and when I do, time flies too fast. It was odd at first that Dad wasn't there as were getting ready to leave and that it was me driving his truck instead of him. On the way home we listened to his old country station on the AM radio, so it felt just as if he were there.

No comments: