Thursday, June 30, 2005

Independence Day

Another year passes by and again it's the 4th of July...hey I rhymed! We have plans to go to Mom's again this year same as last. I can remember last year vividly as it was the first 4th of July without Dad and I actually didn't miss him as much as I thought I would. It felt as if he were there the whole time watching the kids catch the baseball and sitting next to us to view the fireworks! I hope he will be this time.

We will be doing a carbon copy of what we did last year; weenie roast, various salads, soda, desserts and of course fireworks. My sister, Monica, and her family will be there, my family will be there, and my mom and my other brother and his wife, John & Kathy. Tina and her family are out on vacation river rafting in Colorado (I think that's where it was), Marty and his family are at a reunion in Idaho, and Matt will be out with a new baby. Jennifer doesn't live here, but we always think about her and wish she was on all the holidays that she isn't around. We decided to have the roast Sunday night to enjoy staying up late and sleeping in on the holiday rather than actually celebrating the day of the 4th.

I think I've mentioned all my brothers and sisters above and just realized that I never really introduced them properly. Maybe now will be a good time. Tina is the oldest, she's about 8 or 9years older than me, I don't know for sure. She is married to Kipp and has four kids, Felicia, Brian, Marissa, & Dominic. Monica is next...I really don't know how many years different we are, maybe 6. She is also married to Jay and has 4 boys and one girl, JJ, Andy, Peter, Alex, & Lacy Jo. John is next, he is married to Kathy - no kids as of yet, just a dog named Sheba. Jennifer is after that. She and I are closest probably because we lived in the same room together growing up and we are the closest girls in age. She lives in Washington, is married to Rob and has a boy and a girl, Sid & Zoe. Marty comes next. He is married to Cherise has two girls, Contessa and Cherokee, and one boy, Chevy. Then you have me, the "Cindy Brady" of the bunch whom I've already given details about. I mean come on, it's my blog, duh. Matt is my "big little" brother. He is 8 years younger than me. Mom had quite a stretch there, eh? He is married to Kelly has two little girls, MattieJo and on the way, Kinley Marie...she will be here today!

So there you have it. Mom and Dad put up with all of us, bless their hearts...and I'm sure I'll have more stories to tell about growing up together by way of blog. It's good to reminisce and I think as the holidays approach we become reminded of the memories. Holidays are the reason so many of our memories are memorable.

Family picture 1980 or 1981 (Can't tell how old Matt is...)













Left to right (not including Mom & Dad); Jennifer, Monica, Tina, John, Marty, & Me. Matt is in Mom's lap.

No comments: