Monday, June 06, 2005

Mom's know best...

So I took a pic of our aquarium "before cleaning" in hopes that I could take another that same day of "after cleaning." Not. I bought this dinky magnet cleaner at Walmart that I knew wouldn't work alone being that the algae on our tank is at least 1/4 inch thick. I was thinking out loud in the pet aisle that I needed to also buy a scraper for the initial cleaning when Michael told me not to and assured me that I didn't need it. I quickly agreed as the aisle was filled with old-lady perfume that was making my lungs hurt and we got the hell out of there. Well after getting home and only using the little magnet for quite some time, I realized I should have ignored Michael's reasoning and listened to myself knowing that most of the time my own instincts are very real, very true, especially when it comes to cleaning things.

Not only did the aisle stink to high heaven to influence me to make a quick decision, it was also his point that because we previously had a spongey cleaner on a wand, and that was what we were replacing, that I shouldn't be buying another one. Did he stop to think that the algae had been growing for a month and that I have waited too long to get something new to use and would need that damn scraper? LOL

Stupid plecostumous', why do they keep dying??? It's their fault I have too much algae in the tank in the first place!

No comments: