Saturday, June 04, 2005

Slowly, but surely...

And yes, we are still working on our sprinkler system. Well I should say the boys and Charlie are, not us girls. Oh I have my share of house work to do though, but it seems Savannah follows my path and undoes everything I just did, LOL.
We have most of our back yard covered now...our front yard will be next. The boys are outside now digging the last few trenches around the central air unit and where the gas lines are that the trencher couldn't do for us.

Hopefully all our work and errands will be done before dinner time. I plan to make home-made macaroni and cheese. I haven't had that in so long and have been craving it. I also bought some rib-eye steaks to enjoy while Michael's here. He is getting his wisdom teeth pulled next week, so better get some steak in that boy before he can't chew it for a while.

For dessert, I am making pineapple upside down cake. I found a recipe in my Grandma's recipe box that I want to try. It's neat to go through all her recipes knowing that she used to make all this stuff. I don't even have a recipe box. If I can't find it online, I don't make it. Normally I don't even make dessert, but I had a cake mix in the cupboard that I need to get rid of and this recipe will do it for me. Charlie has never had pineapple upside down cake, can you believe that? I don't think my boys have either, so this will be a new experience.

Well, gotta go, Savannah's fixing to pull her pony tail out again.

No comments: