Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Take me out to the Ballgame...

The baseball game on Sunday was a lot of fun, and you can't get any better than free. The tickets were General Admission, no surprise there, but I think we had pretty good seats. It was our choice of the grass section or anywhere in the area of the top seats (the nose bleed section). So we chose to sit up above to stay out of the sun and the weather up there was great! Shady, cool, and breezy. Of course we spent a fortune on snacks there, so I guess it's a good trade off. The baseball game in itself is considered to be a slow game, but the time we spent there went a lot faster than I had thought it would. Stingers won, woo hoo!

I guess the free tickets brought in a lot of newbies like us to the game. They said on the news that night it was a big hit in giving those out. It brought over 10,000 peeps to the game and most of those normally wouldn't have been there most of them having never been and will plan to come back. And who said the best things in life are free? I think it's good marketing if you ask me.

No comments: