Friday, June 17, 2005

TGIF?

Well another great day to end the week. Being that it's a Friday that is. It's funny though, lately it feels like we do more work on the weekend than we do at work during the week with our jobs combined. Because we don't go to church on Sunday I guess we don't rest, we seem to always have something that needs to be done. Laundry, shopping, housework, yardwork, homework (for those that are in school at the moment, heh heh), etc. Only we have never had yardwork until the last couple of months now that we've been putting in the sprinkler system. This weekend we are getting the rest of the parts and will be working on finishing it up. Yay! Finally! I'll be so happy when there is plush green carpet for us to play on and no more dirt tracked in my house!

With all the rain, Charlie going back to school, and the soon to be upcoming camping trips for the summer, we will continue to be running behind on the lawn. But that's okay, we've never really set a schedule other than getting it done this summer. I think Charlie and I are both looking forward to the landscaping part the best. That is where the real creativity and partnership comes in. I don't think we'll be doing that until next spring though, unless for some reason we put sod in instead of seed.

Next weekend we are going to Crystal Hot Springs water park and campground with my mom and my brother and his wife. My other brothers are doing some truck thing up there, so we will go to that too???? I don't know the details of all that but I do know that this will be Savannah's first realy swimming experience. We took her to a lake last year but she didn't like it until the last day when we were leaving, and she was only about 7 months old. She's been in a swimming pool with me before, but was scared of it and the water was too cold to her liking. It will be fun to see her now that she's older and can play in the water!

The weekend after that I have made arrangements to stay at Goblin Valley campground. Charlie has never seen the rock formations of Southern Utah so it will be fun to take him. The boys have never been to Arches National Park either, so I want them to see that also. My sister is letting us borrow her "kid backpack" to carry Savannah in so she will be set for the small hikes, etc. I only hope Charlie and I are up to it, lol.

So not much rest for us for the next few weeks, maybe we do need to set Sundays aside after all, or Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday...

No comments: