Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Family Reunion

Well the Family Reunion this year, planned by me I might add, went very well. We went to Palisades State Park in Sterling. We had so much room we could have invited every single person related to us in every way and would have been fine, so that was nice. Oh, and the fact that we camped a Sunday/Monday night was nice. There were only a few campers around so it was very quiet and peaceful except for the Mexican day campers that played their music so loud that their bass of the Mariachi gave us all headaches.

The only things that were downers was the weather on the second day, my and Savannah's fall, and that Marty and Tina couldn't stay the whole time, oh and Mr. "Hurley" next to us (the single camper that must have gotten food poisining in the middle of the night). We played Bingo for prizes, swam, and visited until it was time for bed (for some people anyway). The food was good even though it turned out to be a Mexican theme for both nights having tacos and chilii. Maybe next year there will be a planned menu not only to help people with ideas, but to have a better variety. The breakfast casserole was really good too, I love potatoes and eggs for breakfast. They seem to stick with you all day.

We rented a canoe for the boys and ourselves, and even though that day was the rainy/sprinkle day, they still had a lot of fun in it. Savannah didn't like the canoe ride so much and cried the whole time. I guess she's not old enough to appreciate it. She was however gung-ho on getting in the lake to swim and wasn't scared at all until after she did a head dive the second day. After that I couldn't get her to even walk out in it. I couldn't believe all the minnows that were swimming so close to shore only less than a foot away from us! Must be a lot of them this year with all the extra water.

It's been nice to be off of work. My friends talked me into taking the whole week off since I would be off on Friday also to go to Lagoon for GE Lagoon Day. I love just having fun! I do admit though that it isn't the same as when you are a kid. All the spending of money, low energy, and planning and packing making sure everyone is taken care of is a lot of work, but in the end run it is all worth it. So I wonder what we'll do next year? There is actually three people in the family who have ideas and they are all good ones. I guess we'll see. For now my part is done for a few years. Yay!

No comments: