Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday sucks

Especially if it's one after a week of vacation. I did not start out having a good day. Let's just say I didn't even make it to work on time thanks to my lovely antibiotics I am taking for infection. I drove about 15 miles then decided I'd better turn around before it got too late. Oh and for an update, after getting negative findings on anything dangerous from the CT results, the doctor and I decided to treat it as diverticulitis and then if that doesn't work, we will have a colonoscopy done to rule out what the blockage really is. Yuck.
It was also hard leaving the kids to come to work . I wonder if that's what made me sick. I am known to be a hypochondriac sometimes. I just don't know what to do or what the best decision would be to maybe work something out for me to be home with them more often as well as stay financially sane and completely balanced and happy for myself. I've worked hard to be where I'm at today and there are more oppurtunities waiting for me. There is never a happy medium is there? It's funny though, I think my being home for a week like that has made Savannah more clingy and less independent, so maybe her being at daycare all day is actually good for her social skills.

When I got to work, I felt so dysfunctional that it made me not want to be here all the more. Maybe taking a week off is more stressful in the long run??? Who knows really. I think I just need to do it more often to even things out. Yeah, that's it.

To top things off today, my friend Gela is going to be getting a new job. Guess she'll be the first to make this change here at work that we are all destined to experience. So I'm happy for her but sad for us when she finally leaves. Funny how she's been packing for the last week and a half. Her cube gets emptier and emptier. I hope sometime soon they will tell us what they are doing with us who haven't had success in getting another job yet.

Anyway, now that I've complained about my day, how's yours?

No comments: