Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This is so hard today...

Today, right now actually, there is such an emptiness inside. This is so hard. To feel as if you are part of a new family that is. I guess while working for the regional side of things I really took for granted the closenesss that came from that. Here it feels like there isn't that type of bonding. I especially miss my friend, Lisa. I miss her a lot and it's sad to know that I finally found a really good friend that I coudl have spent a lot of good times with who actually had so much in common with being a full time working mom that we have to be separated now. I haven't had anyone around to be friends with like that since I started this job except for Julie, but she and I didn't work as close together as Lisa and I do. I miss our dark office. I miss the view. I miss the feeling of knowing just about every answer to anyone's questions. Now I don't get asked questions. I'm not needed like I was before. Is this impersonal sensation I am getting because I now work for managing the whole state rather than a region with too much to take care of instead of the ability to take care of each other? Don't get me wrong, everyone in this office has been so nice to me, but it just feels so impersonal here right now. I know it's cause I'm new here and it takes time to adjust to new environments and I'll get through it all eventually. I will and I'll be better. It's just hard to do at the same time I am missing my good friend.

No comments: