Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Working Mom-isms"

I guess in the interim of trying to find a temporary babysitter while mine is out on maternity leave and my moving to the Finance Office at work, I am in the midst of so many thoughts of "working mom-isms." I don't know if that is a real term, in fact I'm sure it's not, but I've come to add it to my dictionary for the week. Being a working mom, I'm sure those of you out there also tend to ask yourself if this work thing is all worth it for your family. Of course it is and it isn't. Is it worth it for you? Most of the time it's not but in a lot of ways, it is. I mean there's pride that comes with working outside of the home, but to be honest it's just more work. To tell you the truth if I were to quit today, all my extra time aside from taking care of Savannah would be invested in cleaning my house. So would I be quitting just to do housework? No, not really, I would have more time after school and at night for the rest of my family without worrying about putting the laundry away or getting the check book balanced. The only problem in fully quitting for me would be taking away my abilitiy for personal growth. I think working has really helped me to becoming a true individual. It has helped me find myself in so many ways that I couldn't get from anything else.
Earlier I was blogging about organization so I hit a few other places while surfing the net and came across a very true to the working mom's heart article. It's given me good insight to not expect so much to be done at home and make compromises where they can be made rather than get mad and feel like I do it all so that I can enjoy the time I do have at home. My husband tells these same things to me all the time, but I never want to listen. I just want my house organized at all times so I can feel at ease with life. What's wrong with that? I admit, I'm not as bad as I used to be, but there are many days where I feel frustrated to come home and still see a need to work. Don't get me wrong though, my boys are awesome at helping with their chores, if they are reminded. I just need to reprogram the way I think, cause I really don't have to do it all, but there are some days that it feels that way and my husband can vouch for that! See this article!

No comments: