Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Can I just say...

...that taking care of someone else's kids makes you really appreciate your own? I guess living with them you just know them like the back of your hand and it all comes so naturally. I've been been off work for the last two days since our sitter has been on maternity leave and this week was the week we didn't have anyone for replacement so my husband and I are taking off half and half to stay home with Boo. I also volunteered to take on my brother and his wife's kids who also use the same sitter, (who right now are all asleep along with Savannah - hooray!), and I guess I just know Savannah too well making it easy to take care of her. I think that's a mom's advantage, but when you take care of someone else's kids for only two days it's a little hard to get to know their eating habits and so on and you know you're not mom so nothing will be as good as what their mom does. Savannah's cousin is about 4 months younger than her and I guess I'm just happy to know that Savannah eats better than I thought she did as I have worried too much about that since she's so much littler than her cousin and come to find out her cousin doesn't even eat half what Savannah does. And although Savannah doesn't talk much, she just seems so much more grown up to me now with the littler kids around. I reminisce as I feed the baby about when I used to feed Savannah when she was that little. Makes me want to cry and just having my birthday yesterday doesn't help as I realize we're both growing up too fast.... Oh, and as a side note on babysitting, I have come to the conclusion that I don't want any more kids and that I don't think babysitting is a full time job for me - even though my brothers kids are very good and easy to take care of. Thank you to all my babysitters I've had, you do a hard job!!!

No comments: