Monday, October 03, 2005

Week 2 in New Office

I've actually had work to do today! Can you imagine rejoicing for work? Now that Lisa has started her new job, I will be immediately responsible for her duties from my old region as well as the Western region duties on a temporary basis until the other two on my A/P team are brought up. It was silly though to have had me sit for a week with nothing to do other than socialize, and that doesn't go well over here with the director of the department around the corner - besides, I'm no social butterfly (Thank goodness for that, I don't want to be thought of as a troublemaker!). I can't even totally unpack until Friday of this week since they are moving everyone around. So yeah, last week was a total drag.

I told my new coworkers I didn't know why they assigned me to come in last week with no work. So I said to them, "I think they had me come in to either get settled in or to make sure that I wasn't going to change my mind." They laughed at that, after all this transition has been so "if-fy"from what I hear with people being frustrated and unhappy. It was a fun loving joke and they all know I'm not going to leave especially when they find out that I am driving 84 miles per day round trip to be here and carpooling over half the week with my husband to do so. If that's not committed, what is? Besides, maybe the real reason behind it all was for the big wigs to make sure they were the ones that didn't need to change their mind about me being here! Now that I can see!

I think I'll be fine though. My dilemma right now is that I NEED MY KEYBOARD TRAY BEFORE MY ARM FALLS OFF! That and the fact that I'm not accustomed to the lunch group yet and am not sure I ever want to be. TMI about the LDS temple, young women night, and the LDS General Conference session that aired nationally over the weekend. I need to somehow sneak away while I'm not established and start either eating by myself (where it's most safe from making unwanted friends) or find a different group. I guess we'll see. Funny how Happy Valley was less LDS oriented at lunch time than it is here outside of it! Go figure.

No comments: