Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

Halloween was great. The weather was nice, there were plenty of kids in the neighborhood running around making the spirit alive, and our jack o'lanterns didn't wilt for once. I think because they are so big they are apt to take the heat of the candle a bit better, that and we just carved them on Sunday night (I know - we got off to a late start). Savannah didn't know what to think at first but she got the idea soon enough after the first few pieces of candy. When she got home she enjoyed transferring her candy from her bucket to the Halloween bowl that the trick or treaters emptied.

I can't believe how many trick or treaters we had this year! In years past we've either been at mom's or the neighborhood had it in the church parking lot AKA Trunk or Treat - another Happy Valley tradition for a Sunday holiday - so we were never home to really gauge what it would be like. We bought quite a bit of candy but still ran out about 7:00. I have never seen so many Darth Vaders in my life! I think my favorites were the Star Wars family (Mom, Dad and two sons dressed all in theme), Scooby Doo, and the miniature doctor. My brother and his family did a good job too. I couldn't stop cracking up at his Napoleon Dynamite impression! Overall, I think this has been the best Halloween in a long time! Hope it was all good for you out there.

No comments: