Monday, November 21, 2005

Yay! A short week!

I love the holidays and celebrating them, but most importantly I love them for the time I get off at work! I know my brother, Marty, is thinking to himself as he reads this, "Yeah sure, "cardboard cut-out" government state worker that gets a holiday for taking a crap." But I get the holiday off for Thanksgiving just like anyone else and even though I am taking the day off after, I still have to use my vacation time for it. So see Marty I'm not as big of a slacker as you like to make us state workers out to be!

I think the real reason I love holidays though is that they give me extra time to spend with my family who I love dearly. I'm talking about all of my family, not just my immediate family. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year since it will be at Mom's and not to mention the fact that Mom is making the turkey. I haven't had Thanksgiving at Mom's for I don't know how long. The boys are really excited too. It seems like it was when they and the other grandkids were still little we would got together more often but since most of the kids have grown up, there doesn't seem to be as much time spent together. I don't know, maybe it's just my imagination.

My sister, Monica, and her family will be there, my family, and my brother John and his wife. Maybe there will be more show up for pie. I only hope Mom is looking forward to it as well since I know this year will be the most different for her since she will be home both for Thanksgiving and for Christmas the first time without Dad. I hope her cruise she and my sisters take in between the two holidays will allow her to make some neat memories that will help her cope.

I've seen other people recently list what they are thankful of for the holiday on their blogs. I'd like to make one this year, I never do and it will be good to have a perspective on it since it is the whole reason we celebrate it. In the meantime while I work on my list, I'd like to hear one or two things from anyone out there reading this that you are thankful for to help bring about the spirit.

No comments: