Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Carols

My husband and I were talking about the holiday songs playing on the radio and he's right, the songs are ruined with new versions. Granted some of them are the oldies and goodies but then you get this mixture with today's stars singing the carols and it just ruins the whole experience. By the sounds of different collections from the free radio I've been listening to online, they have been doing this for some time, not just now. I'm sorry but I like my Christmas songs to be nostalgic and simple, there is no need for a twisty edge of vocals by Jessica Simpson or Faith Hill added to the old fashioned song as if they are trying to make the top hit list. (Yet I like Barbara Streisand's wild version of "Jingle Bells," but that's probably cause it reminds me of when I was little and my mom would play the LP vinyl record while she was baking, and how can you go wrong with Barb?) Maybe I'm just getting to be old fashioned or something.

No comments: