Sunday, December 04, 2005

Go figure

Okay, okay....I've had it! This morning Savannah got my wallet out of my purse and was playing with it. When we left to go to the grocery store I couldn't find it after I swear I took it from her and put it in safe keeping. So after looking for a half an hour, I decided to just go without it. Well needless to say on the way home from the store, guess who got pulled over for speeding? I did. I can't believe it. I have never NEVER had a speeding ticket in my life. I usually always drive the speed limit and I ALWAYS have my license with me. But of course not today. I don't get it. I guess there is a first time for everything. Two weeks before Christmas I have to pay a speeding ticket. And the cop said he would give me a warning on not having my license...how nice of him. First of all the road I am talking about is a 5 mile stretch with NOTHING on it. NOTHING! They had the speed limit set at 45 when they first built it. A few months later they put it down to 40. Why? I have no idea. There are no houses, no turning lanes, hardly any traffic, and no intersections at all! Just because there will be doesn't mean they need to have the speed limit so low now. The drive is long enough and sometimes it's hard to not space off and go faster than you realize (kind of like being on a long road trip out in the plain fields). I hate small towns for that reason. I sped all the time when I lived in a bigger city and no one ever noticed then.

At least the rest of the day wasn't a total loss. Savannah played with the snow for the first time (only for a second cause it was soooo cold) and the boys made a gingerbread house together.

No comments: