Thursday, February 16, 2006

Note to self...

Don't drink coffee when you have a two hour drive ahead of you. Yes, this was my morning commute. So if Salt Lake County is helping Davis County with snow plowing, who is helping Salt Lake County? Obviously not Utah County, no. Just cause we have no snow down there doesn't mean that the people up north that do, don't need your help. Freak people, it snowed all night and you're just going to sit on your but and watch American Idol while switching in between commercials to see what's happening in the Olympics? I'm sure you would be compensated for helping out, even if it is not your county.

Can I tell you that driving a stick for 24 miles at 5 miles an hour on the freeway is so totally not worth this job? Good thing I don't do it everyday. Had it been bad around my house, I would have considered not trying it. I didn't see any accidents though, so yeah it was a safe drive. WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO 5 MILIES AN HOUR, SURE IT'S SAFE!

On a brighter note, I still think to myself what it would be like for the pioneers that didn't have warm cars, snow plows, or even a job in the winter. Am I an optimistic person or what?

No comments: