Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Goodbye Hammy

Michael's pet hamster died sometime yesterday. We don't know when it was but he found her last night after he noticed the room was too quiet. I felt so bad for him, he told me "I know you can't tell I'm sad, but I am," and actually I could. His voice was cracking and you could tell he wanted to cry. Even though he never was as close to her as his last one, Patrick, she was still his buddy. I imagine the boys get used to the noise their hamsters make at night so when it's not there, it can be all too noticeable. He hadn't really found a name for her and rarely took her out of the cage, so I was a little surprised that he was as sad as he was. I'm not sure exactly how long we've had her, I don't quite remember, maybe a little over a year or so? Maybe two? This will be the last pet hamster for him, he announced, and plans to throw the cage and all away. At least she had a friend to meet up with in heaven that recently died too.

No comments: