Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just a thought...

Charlie starts his day job next week and I'm getting more and more back to my old self as I think about it. I guess I need him more than I thought I did.

I have come to find that I don't realize just how much someone brings joy into my life until they are gone out of a large chunk from the time they used to spend with me. Don't get me wrong, of course before he was ever gone, I knew he brought me joy, I married him didn't I? It's just that I can now really measure just how much joy it is and now I know how much our relationship has grown from when we were married 3 1/2 years ago.

But then I think about Mom. Dad died almost two years ago and she can never look forward to him changing his schedule and coming back to spend the evenings with her. I feel bad that I have been so selfish and have acted like a baby and it's even worse now that I feel happy to have him back because I think of her. So really what right do I have to complain? I miss Dad too, but I didn't spend my days with him like she did. I guess I can just say I truly understand the pain to some of the extent she deals with everyday.

No comments: