Monday, April 24, 2006

Song in my head...

"They say the catching up is hard to doooooo..."

Wait, that's not how the song goes but it's in my mind like one. On one hand catching up is nice cause then I don't have to worry about being bored, on the other hand it can be very overwhelming and you're left wondering, "Where do I start?"

As most of you know I was gone for 4 out of 5 days from the office last week testing our accounting system at the State Capitol. Now my boss' boss wants me to do a demo for the rest of the finance team in today's afternoon meeting to introduce the screens to them since they are all freaking out about it. (No one likes change, especially the older ladies.) Yikes. So I've been stressed about it this weekend. I hate being put on the spot. But now that I'm here and have looked at the material again, it's not quite as threatening. (and hopefully they will turn the lights off to see the projection in turn not looking at me). I think it's just that I need to get over this tongue tied dilemma I have with this lady and I'll be fine, but of course that won't happen before 2:00 p.m.

Do any of you ever get tongue tied around specific people? For me it's always around the authoritive figures who I know are constantly watching people like a hawk. When I talk to them it's like the information in my brain just flies out the window, no matter how much I rehearse so wish me luck!

No comments: