Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ahhh...

I love having a three day weekend! (Sorry Charlie - I know you had to work Saturday, but I love you for it.) We got our ground tilled and planted our vegetables, but with the cold weather on Sunday I'm afraid they may not make it, I dunno. I don't know what frost bitten plants
look like, but yesterday half of them were pretty wilted so I hope they will be in better shape when I get home to water them.

We took the kids to the zoo yesterday and bad mistake! Everyone and their dogs were there! In the parking lot there were a lot of plates from Idaho and Wyoming so I think EVERYONE read my mind and stole my idea to go on Memorial Day! Oh well, lesson learned for upcoming years.
We were going to go Sunday, but it was butt cold and miserable. I guess the important thing is that we went and the weather was great and Savannah loved it! This was like a new experience for all of us as we watched her reactions. You should have seen her yelling at the rhinos afraid of the peacock who acted as if he owned the place. Unfortunately between the shuffle of holding Savannah vs holding the camera, we didn't get a pic. :(

You know there are too many people around you at the zoo when your kid notices the people instead of the animals. Savannah was quick to point out a kid's mohawk who was standing in front of us while I was trying to divert her attention to the snow leopard by making growling noises. She was much more fascinated at the kids hair than the lazy cat (which she can see at home any time!). The bird show is our favorite and may be hers now too. She watched so intently and turned to me to smile every time they flew above us or said something funny. She even raised her hand to be a volunteer after she saw a white dove fly into a little girl's hand for a demonstration.

Overall, I think Savannah was overwhelmed by the whole experience and still not all of it sunk in but when we left she was in such a good mood that I know she enjoyed herself! (Pictures to be posted later.) It was a good weekend and the only thing missing was our family BBQ, unless I
wasn't invited?




Our pics from the zoo... I just love Savannah's reactions from the bird show, they are my favorite. We didn't get as many pics as I thought we would and I think it was cause we didn't want to miss out on anything in live person and sometimes when you take photos, it's just not the same. I like looking at what's happening in front of my eyes so as not to miss a beat, so the camera was kind of forgotten.

No comments: