Sunday, May 07, 2006

MORP? What's a MORP?

Michael went on his first date yesterday. I guess the "girl ask boy dance" now is called the MORP (PROM spelled backwards.) What happened to Sadie Hawkins? Maybe it was just a Utah thing, but it was a country/western fall themed dance where the girls asked the guys and you dressed in goofy cowboy hats and boots. I guess that died out a long time ago, which surprises me for Lehi (remember "Footloose?") where almost all people are cowboys and cowgirls in the first place!

Sounds like they had fun - in his words, "had lunch at Beto's, went bowling (he won the highest score), to a chick flick movie, then to her parents for dinner where they had steak, and then to the dance where he made an utter fool of himself since he doesn't know how to dance." I didn't get to meet her but she sounded nice enough. I wonder if since this is first date, and where the girl paid for everything and drove him everywhere, he doesn't get too used to the idea. I don't like guys that are moochers. Yep. He'd better get a full time job this summer!

No comments: