Thursday, May 18, 2006

Priceless Stuff

I can't believe how fast time has passed by these last two and almost a half years since Savannah was born. Lately, she repeats everything I say and is talking more now than ever. I knew she would eventually, but I had my doubts when she turned two and still wasn't talking like the others her age. My favorite part is when I tell her I love her and she says it back. I didn't teach her this. I think she's learned from hearing us say it to each other, but coming from her when you don't expect it is so cute and priceless.

I was also thinking to myself of how much I enjoy having a little girl. She combs and likes to do my hair, she tries to put on make up when I'm doing mine, she wants a turn watering the flowers when I'm watering them and leans down to smell them, she tries putting on my bra and dress shoes....yes all girl! Mom is right, every mother needs a little girl and now I know what she means since Michael and Jacob never did this kind of stuff.

So it's day 4 on the potty training. The first two days she did so well, and was excited to try. Now it's like, "Ah, whatever mommy." She seems to be bored of the concept and now when I ask her if she needs to go, I think she quickly goes before I get a chance to set her on the potty without thinking or will make the attmept right after she's already gone so I'm not sure we're at a total success level yet, but at least a start. It will nice to be rid of the diapers and the diaper bag for good but I have to admit that I've been in denial this week believing that she's really not ready and that my babysitter is just trying to amuse me by creating stories that Savannah is showing great interest to go when the other little girl does. I guess I don't like the idea of my baby not being a "baby" any longer. She still has the binkie at bedtime, so at least I still have something.

No comments: