Saturday, June 24, 2006

Week One and 43 lbs To Go!

No more excuses for not putting forth the effort to getting healthy again! Last week I found out that a group of people in our office put together weekly Weight Watchers meetings for employees next door for our office during lunch hour! How odd that only two weeks ago I was looking online at the program and considering my membership but put it off contemplating the extra time spent away from home and spending the money on something for me. I like to go straight home from work, and not have to stop for another meeting let alone running errands. I'm away from home 11 hrs a day as it is, so this is great news!

To put it bluntly, I'm 19 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with Savannah making my weight loss goal today, twice as much as it was then. No more government employee attitiude for me. Sure I might sit at a desk all day number crunching federal and state funding amounts into a gazillion Excel spreadsheets but that doesn't mean I need to slack off about getting back to feeling good about myself. And like I've told the others, it's not about losing weight so much as it is just to feel good again. Of course I need to excercise and plan to, but even more so I need to be better educated about food and change my eating habits. I feel this program will help and support me and I'm excited to get going! I even turned down the "what's become almost a daily thing" cheese danish my coworker offered to me this morning! I don't know why others like to encourage the people around them to eat up by bringing doughnuts, bagels, and other crap. I guess it's the highlight of the day for us state workers? Maybe...

No comments: