Saturday, June 03, 2006

Will you sign my yearbook?

Can you believe another school year has gone by? When the boys bring home their yearbook each year we have fun comparing mine to theirs. I can't believe the difference in hairstyles. There are a few "fros" on some of the guys but for the girls it's ultimately straight hair. And of course in mine there was curl, volume, and what we thought was "style." (Including my own mullet. ) Their yearbooks have much better photos and all the students in high school, Freshman to Senior, are in color. For the seniors they had baby pictures and cute little excerpts about each of them. (Probably a Utah thing?) I think it would have been better to do a then and now photo and have the kids talk about what they did during the school year.

The biggest difference between their books and mine though, is in the way the kids signed them. Maybe it's just cause I'm a girl and had 99% girls sign mine, but 75% of the kids who signed Jacob's mention sex, swear words, and other profanity. I think was embarrassed by it and crossed it all out. I guess they wanted something for him to remember them by? Pretty pathetic that they can't think of something better and that is all that is in their hormonal heads. I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore for that very reason! What was funniest was when the boys made a comment that I had a lot of signatures. I admitted that I wrote a lot of them to myself and added a lot of other graffiti when I would get bored. Mainly it was about the guys I liked back then, practicing signing my name with their surname on the end. What a dork, but we all did it, right girls?

No comments: