Monday, July 31, 2006

Recapturing the weekend

I got off a little early on Friday - well only 15 mins early - but I was able to stop at the Take N Bake pizza and rent a few DVD's before the crowds hit the stores. It was all too smooth. Wish I could get off early every day. I haven't had pizza in so long that it really sounded good, especially since it was Friday night. I used to have the habit when I was single to get a pizza and movies EVERY Friday...that and beer. Got home, baked the pizza and we all watched Benchwarmers (not good as we thought it would be) and Final Destination 3 while we ate our pizza. Something I also haven't done in since the start of my diet - eating while watching TV. So I splurged. Hey, I only had one piece of pizza and one bread stick and the rest was salad, so I was still good!

Saturday was nice too. It seems like since I've started walking on my treadmill that I am more ambitious to clean up and do chores around the house. So I got the house spotless just in time for Charlie to get home from work, got all my grocery shopping done, and when I came home, it felt like a good to come home and be able to relax. He finally got the rotisserie attachment for his grill that were back-ordered from Father's Day so we made rotisserie chicken with my basil rub recipe. It was so f-ing good! I can't even tell you! (And I meant to take a pic - sorry) Next we are going to try his lemon dill recipe for salmon.

Sunday we went with my mom to my sister's in Tremonton but made a quick stop to swim at the Hot Springs. The boys got to ride with her in her new van and watch DVD's the way up so they thought that was pretty cool. I've been dying to do more swimming this year but not in a crowded pool, so Sunday at the hot springs was a much better fare. This is only the second time we've taken Savannah in a big pool this year and last time she kind of floated and clung to me not knowing what to do or trusting her floaties but yesterday she learned how to kick and get around a little, so we've made some progress.

She was so funny in the warm water, tasting it on purpose. She loved the salty flavor and we had to encourage her to stop so she wouldn't get sick. I think she liked it much better than the chlorinated pool we went to last time. As Charlie and I were bathing her last night, I asked her if she liked going swimming, she replied with a big long, "YYyyyyy-aaaaaa-hhh!" It was so cute! We had so much fun, I forgot to take pics! :(

That was my weekend in a nutshell and back to reality Monday. Ugh. Looks like work is getting back to normal. No more hecticness or deadlines. It's a nice feeling, but also can get pretty drab too. I'll have more time for blogging at least!

No comments: