Monday, July 03, 2006

This hostess doesn't have the most!

This week has been a killer for my diet. I haven't weighed in yet, but I can tell I'm not doing as good as I was last week. I haven't gone over my points or anything, I'm just not as hungry. Maybe my body has adjusted somewhat or maybe I'm not eating as well as I suspect. I need to learn how to hold back during holidays and this is a good practice for me. I know I'm just starting my diet and that this could be a disaster so I'm going to have to learn to throw food away that is left on my and Savannah's plates if it kills me!

We are planning to have a BBQ with my babysitter and her family. They are also a mixed family with a teenager from a previous marraige and little ones of their own and since she's been babysitting for nearly a year, our kids have become good friends and we also get along with them well. After the BBQ our plan is to go see the local firework show and do a few of our own. Utah fireworks suck, so hopefully the show will be good. I need to find out how we can get Charlie's license for Class B fireworks renewed so we could put on one of our own!

I was just thinking this morning as I was buying some supplies for the BBQ, "What is my problem with company? Why do I feel so insecure that they are not having a good time and that my paper cups or my food will not be good enough? Why do I feel most comfortable being invited to someone else's house than inviting company to ours?" I have always been that way. I worry too much, I know, but when it comes to this, what is wrong with me? I get afraid that they are bored, too hot, uncomfortable, etc. I don't get it and maybe that is why I never liked having company over. It's terrible.

No comments: