Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Who's making more money here?

So I went in to the dentist's office yesterday to get the crack in my tooth filled. I even got there early. My appointment was at 4 and I didn't get in until 5! I was not happy about waiting. I could have stayed at work and still made the appointment alright but instead I had asked to take off early and use my sick leave. Oh sure they apologized over and over about the wait and then the dentist added humorously that it was the secretary's fault for putting down a chipped tooth instead of a root canal on the appointment before me, but come on guys, that's tacky to play the blame game. Just fess up that as usual you over-booked and fit in too many emergency appointments, don't give me an excuse. Usually I would say, "That's okay, no big deal," but not this time. I didn't accept their apology and if patients have to wait that long the dentists office should charge them half the amount of the co-pay. The least they could have done was call me, then I wouldn't have wasted an hour of my time. And to add to that, when all was said and done, I ended up stuck in rush hour traffic trying to get home. That's my two cents. Really. Who's making more money here anyway?

No comments: