Saturday, August 12, 2006

Great Recipe!

My husband is a fanatic of peanut butter cookies so my good neighbor gave this recipe to us about a year ago and it is awesome! Since then she's moved out of the neighborhood., therefore I am publishing it here to share with you all and also to make sure I have a permanent record of it before it gets lost as I don't anticipate making cookies anytime soon (They are not part of my diet.) Needless to say I am afraid I might lose this recipe if I don't do something about it now! Enjoy!

World's Greatest Peanut Butter Cookies

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter for 30 seconds to soften then add peanut butter and sugars. When well blended (light in color) add egg and vanilla.

Pre-mix dry ingredients together and then slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Blend well. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do Not Flatten the cookie dough with a fork dipped in sugar like most PB cookie recipes. This will make them hard and crunchy (unless you like them that way).

Bake for 9 minutes on light colored pan or 8 minutes on dark pan. When done baking, take baking sheet out of oven and drop from height of about 3 inches on the top of the oven or a flat surface. This gives the cookies just the right amount of chewiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

World's greatest? Now THIS I'll have to try!