Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

Work has been pretty slow this week. I think I've received 50 junk email and 10 work related email. We moved to a new accounting system beginning fiscal year and because of it I am behind on my bank reconciliation. I could be working on them if only our Finance office could figure out how to get us the reports. Glad they aren't the only ones finding out that this new system wasn't going to be ready and working like they thought.

Labor Day is coming up already! We'll be BBQ'ing at mom's so that will probably be the last one for the year now that fall is arriving. Only thing is that I tend to spend all my flex points at once at those things. I offered to make the potato salad, so maybe I can make it a little less fattening for my sake. I love potato salad if it's mom's recipe, and I think I might have it down almost exact to hers.

I've been trying WW recipes three or so times a week. Tonight is broccoli cheese soup. Only 4 pts for dinner? Wow! So now I will need to find things to eat to fill in order to get all my points in today. If I don't, my body will think I'm depriving it and hold on to whatever fat there is! Weird how eating more makes you lose more weight, but it makes sense. Efficiency sense I guess.

Last night FOX premiered Celebrity Duets. Can I just say that these people need to keep acting and not singing! And I can't believe how old Cheech Marin and Randy Travis have gotten. In essence, how old I've gotten! And yet Marie Osmond seems to look like a teenager. Blah! I like her better before the obvious face lift. In fact I sat right behind her at my sons choir performance in Jr. High close to where she lives, so I know what she looks like without the wonders of camera technology. She was much prettier than what I saw of her on the show.

Savannah's been talking so much lately that her vocabulary has improved dramatically. She's so silly too. I asked her to tell the boys to come and eat dinner last night and she yells at the top of her little lungs while standing at the top of the stairs, "Come an eat!" The other day I was explaining to her that Daddy was at work and that mommy needed to go to work too and she's replies with, "I want to work." She also likes to talk on the phone and now remembers things that happen during the day to tell other people. She told Grandma the other day, "I play at 'Donalds." I just love it!

Well back to work, if you want to call it that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL umm thanks for reminding me i needed to reconcile my check book LOL

You know what I did at last weekends BBQ to help cut my points down. I wanted a polish sausage, but it is 6 points all by it's self! so I cut the stinking thing in half length wise. That way It was still the same length as the bun. I still go the sensation of eating a whole sausage, with only half the points!

I have been trying lots of the recipes too! I really liked the cheese egg whites and home fries! I am looking forward to the over night scrambled egg bake too!


I so love that stage!!!!!! Zach likes to talk about the things we have done together! Like last spring we took him to my dads and then to a drive through animal park and he still talks about riding the elephants! ehehheeh

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I like your new site- everything seems to load pretty quick!
Bank recs take 3 days out of my month, & that doesn't include my personal stuff- which I do need to do before the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hello! So, you've moved. Well thanks for letting us know. :) Oh and thanks for including me in your "Tabs On" List. That's too cool. Have a good Labor Day weekend!
Christina