Thursday, September 07, 2006

Little Stinker!

Savannah has been mimicking me for some time now, but it is funnier than ever. I know babies and toddlers do this as a way to learn, that they follow our behaviors, but sometimes they find out that what we do is not always something they want.

Last night as we were eating dinner, Michael pulled out the Jack Daniels No. 7 Mustard for his burger. He originally bought the mustard for some bratwurst he and his friend were cooking the other night for dinner and now uses it on everything. Well I hadn't ever tried it, so I took a little off the top with my fingertip to taste it. Just as soon as you can imagine, Savannah cries, "I want to try!" So I do the same for her, she tastes it looks up at me and says, "Mmmm," then after a
second she scrunches up her nose pulling a look on her face I will not forget and said, "Ewwww." Yep, "ew" is one of her most frequently used words right now. Wonder if it's a girl thing to think so many things are gross.

The other day Charlie was doing dishes and cleaning the counters. I looked over and saw Savannah wiping down all the kitchen chairs mimicking him. It was so cute. I only hope she stays as helpful and willing as she is now.

Another funny things she's been doing lately is after I get done with walking on the treadmill, I like to stretch and tone. So there she is, on the floor with me following everything I do. She tries to do her sit ups and insists that I count for her. She gives up after the second sit up and decides she's done. It's hilarious to watch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love that stage!!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

Even with all the things about a two year old that can drive us crazy(or is it just me?), you have to love precious and funny moments like these. It's an amazing age, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Hey there! So, we know what Savannah thought about the mustard. What did momma think? LOL Is it Eewwww??? Just wondering. Have a good weekend!
Christina

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Little ones are so fun. Then they grow up and ask for...kittens.

Unknown said...

Tooooo adorable! Haddie got so into watching me workout that I bought her a little 1-pound weight. SHE LOVES IT!