Friday, September 22, 2006

Monsters and Juice!

There's some pretty cute growing stages going on right now with Savannah...

This one I'm pretty sure she got the idea from the kids she plays with at her babysitter's as it seems our house becomes full of scary monsters when the sun goes down. But she isn't at the sitter's when it's night time so maybe they have just been pretending? Lately when we've been preparing for bed she comes running to me saying, "Scary!" or asks me to come see with her cause she won't go down the hallway to her room to get her blankie even though her night light is on. Two weeks ago she never thought of such a thing and walking in the dark never would have bothered her. So as we walk toward her bedroom I often don't bother to turn the light on since we have such a short hallway, and she attempts to form a spray bottle with the shape of her hand to "spray" the monsters away.

The other day when she and I were getting ready to go somewhere, we had just finished brushing our teeth when Savannah saw her orange juice sitting on the table, leftover from breakfast. She quickly took a swig and the next thing out of her mouth was a loud, "NASTY!!!!" I look over and she's throwing her cup, juice and all, in the sink as if disgusted and mad because of it. Little does she know that it wasn't the juice at all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAAH I just did the juice thing the other day at WW LOL

I brushed my teeth right before leaving then after weighing in I got a cup of juice and WOW I had forgotten what that taste was like, but i forced my self to drink it all. I didn't want to waste it you know. LOL

I use to tell my boys Monsters lived out side only and way way up in trees, and their whole goal in life was to make little kids laugh :-) we made a game out of trying to find them when ever we left the house.

Anonymous said...

I love every stage of my kids lives! When they were baby's and would do something wonderful like coo, roll over, crawl, walk, talk...you get the point...it was ALL my favorite! I even love having a 13 year old. He talks to me everyday after school now and I can't tell you how much that means to me. So glad your enjoying Savanah so much!:)

Woo Hoo congrats on the weight loss! Oh ya, I almost forgot the chicken you mentioned that you had when your mom came over-would you mind posting the recipe for it-it sounds wonderful!

Stop by soon!
~Missy

meg said...

LOL- I love how she sprays the monsters away!

Jamie said...

We haven't hit the scared of something phase yet. I like Savannah's solution of spraying the monsters! I'll have to keep that one in mind in case we need it!

Unknown said...

LOL! I'd have busted out when she proclaimed nasty! What a character!

Anonymous said...

Oh the things they can get into!! So much fun it can be to watch them grow. And yet so hard it can be when it's time to start letting go. Thanks for sharing your stories. They bring such a smile to my face. Take care and have a good rest of the week! :)

Anonymous said...

You know you guys can have a symbol, just choose something :-) Find something that you remember from when you where dating.



I'm doing really good! I'm at 14.4 So I should get another star on Sunday! at 20 I will hit my 10% I can't wait! I just need to get serious about exercising LOL it is my down fall LOL

How have you been doing??