Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

I'm sooo not ready for snow! When I said I was looking forward to Fall, I didn't mean a short one! Last year was perfect. Halloween was warm and great for trick or treating. I was hoping it would be the same this year, but I should know better. After all I live in Utah. Last night I couldn't believe my eyes. I was astounded as I looked out the kitchen window sure that the snow turned into rain when to my surprise there were huge flakes falling slowly. The kind you wish for on Christmas Day and then I thought to myself, "Christmas? I'm really not ready for that either!"

So my sister, Tina, is taking me for lunch tomorrow for my birthday. I know, I know, it's passed, but she is very busy and I have been as of late. I chose to go to the Macaroni Grill, it's close to where I work, and they have a dish called Skinny Chicken that I want to try. Can't wait! Tina has always been so generous to me and I appreciate and love her so I'm looking forward to some sister time. It seems she and I don't get together much, so it is much needed.

Today was weigh in....I reached my 25 lb goal! Can you believe it? I can't. 26.2 lbs gone! Wow, that seems like a lot, almost as much as Savannah weighs! How did I ever let myself gain so much??

So we bought some hot dogs and got the larger ones cause Charlie was craving a quarter pound cheese and chili dog from 7-11, well Savannah pulls them out of the freezer, holds them up looks at both of us with big eyes and says, "BIG hog-oggs!" and then neatly places them back where they were. It was hysterical! When she sees all the Halloween decorations in the neighborhood she'll say, "Spoooooky." I think Halloween is her favorite holiday so far. We'll see. She is entering that age of realization so maybe her favorite will change as they come about. I think kids love all holidays, didn't you?

I'm hoping Michael makes it to graduation. He seems to have lost his ambition and drive for keeping his grades up like he did last year. And now he's also changing his mind about the Army, which I don't know if he can really do since he had a verbal agreement with the recruiter to join. I don't know that kids are really ready to grow up at 18, I think it takes a lot longer than that to decide what you want to do in life and how to do it. Who made the legal adult age 18 anyway?

It's been great having Jake back at home again. Since football ended, it seems there is a lot more life around the house now. I never realized how much he made a difference in our family's interaction. Plus, he's the only one in our house besides me that will sit down and play toys with Savannah. She loves it. She calls out when he gets home, "My Jacob, my Jacob!"

Oh, and one more thought....I want to make note, what kind of person steals an electric Jack O'Lantern off your porch when it's about the only decoration you have? And why would they leave their mop in place of it? Probably neighborhood kids I tell ya. Aargh!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to go out with Tina. Let me know how it went.

Mom

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOO! i'm so excited for you! WOHOOO! you are doing so well on WW! I think It will take me 2 more weeks to make my 25 mark.

Left their mop????? How nice of them! NOT LOL that is kind of funny though LOL

Becca said...

Have a fun night out! You deserve it!
Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your goal- that is such an awesome accomplishment!
Kids will drive you crazy- especially when they think they are adults ;) I'm sure it will all work out for the best- its still pretty early in the year; maybe he's just having "autumn blahs"
Oh, ugh- I don't do snow, so you have my sympathies!

Anonymous said...

Your absolutely right-I shouldn't be lifting concrete! LOL What was I thinking?? I probably will NOT be the last stupid thing I try to do!:) I worry about Bruce because he is always lifting and doing things that I don't think he should be. I mean he is in very good shape and only 38 but still a back can only take so much. Unfortunately, there are things that need to be done around here and they require lifting and we are to cheap to hire someone else to do it!:)

SNOW! Oh my I am NOT ready for that either! EEEKKKK!!!

Sounds like things are going well for you-congrats on your reaching your goal, having your son home and STILL celebrating your birthday! LOL

I do agree-kids are not ready to make that decision on "what they want to be when they grow up" at age 18. I wasn't ready. I took a year off from school, got a job, bought a car and had fun. Then after a year my dad said, times up-make a decision and get to it:)

Take care and have a great day!~Missy

Anonymous said...

Hey do you have a Myspace account???

if so you can add me, I am blogging my weightstuff there

http://www.myspace.com/naturesartwork

Jamie said...

25 pounds...that is a huge amount of weight. I'm impressed! I hope you enjoy lunch with your sister! As for the snow...even this winter lover can wait a little longer for some. It got cold here this week too quickly and it seems like we missed fall. Although the leaves are beautiful! Have a great weekend!

MzAriez said...

Great job. 26 lbs. is amazing. You give the rest of us much encouragement and hope.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Wow, 26 pounds is HUGE! Or should I say small? Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's funny how our lives somewhat parallel each other's. I completely know what you mean about your son's drive or lack of. My son really has only 2 classes this year...English and Am Govt. The other 2 are yearbook and Mariachi. He brought home both C's for the 2 main classes. I was not happy. His explanation is that he's done well all these years and has no clue what to do with the rest of his life. grrrrr! I understand that he's apprehensive about the future but don't bring home C's! Geesh ... lol

Take care,
Christina

Anonymous said...

WTG, Tulabell! I'm here celebrating with you! ::raises a green bean in your honor and does a little jig on the treadmill::

Savannah is such a cutie!