Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Turkey Week!

Can you believe it's 63 degrees outside over here? I love it! But hold up, it will be freezing before we know it.

We're having Thanksgiving with my mom and brother and sister this year. Of course I hope all the others can stop by to visit at least for a while. We don't really get together much anymore, or at least not this year we haven't. Charlie's going to try to make a prime rib roast from his memory of working as a chef in Reno. I hope it will work. Sometimes it's harder to cook when you are not in your own kitchen. I am so ready for turkey though! I can't wait!

Friday we will be making our annual trip to a local neighborhood where we get our Christmas tree. We have vaulted ceilings and this guy has tall trees and at a good price. Plus he's a nice old guy, reminds me of my dad in his overalls. I just found out that Charlie has the day off too, so I'm really excited now.

It's been hard to be thankful as of late, but I am. Really. I am thankful for the usual stuff - my job, my family, and my health, but I'm mostly thankful this year for my decision to try and lose weight and succeeding. I never made it a new year's resolution or anything, but it's always been on that list in my head. So I'm thankful I've lost a total of 29 lbs as of today. My goal is to maintain what I've lost so far during the holidays. So I've been thinking that I won't be using WW any longer to save money by not renewing. I think I can use a similar online program that is offered for free, so we'll see. I just need a good scale and some self discipline.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and holiday! I know I will! ;)

5 comments:

meg said...

I glad to see you are focusing on the good things, & letting the rest of it go. Have a lovely holiday with your family; looks like its just going to be the 3 of us this year, but that's okay- less pressure on Sam ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm being thankful seems difficult when what you want just never seems to materialize

Becca said...

Just focus on the good in life and the rest will fall into place.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Becca
p.s. pop over and see some new pictures of A!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!! Take a picture of the tree you buy. I am going to get a new artificial one this year. The old one is looking a little sad. My son has these grandeur ideas of how he wants to decorate ... wants new ornaments and all. I asked him if he was going to buy all this new stuff. LOL Needless to say he had no comment for that one.

Have a good weekend,
Christina

Jamie said...

Happy Thanksgiving(a day late)to you too! Can't wait to hear about your tree shopping! I wanted to go this weekend, but it looks like we'll wait a week...or two:o( I think mainting is a good goal for the holiday season!