Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm a loser.

Am I just getting overly relaxed? Is it because the button up shirts that once could not be buttoned up are now fitting so well that I think I am God? No. I know I'm not finished losing weight and yet I've somehow lost my overzealous drive to work my weight loss program and exercise regime to get the best weekly results. Weird, but sometimes I wonder if I'm just scared to get to my goal and then not have any more fun watching the scale go down. It's like watching a series of The Biggest Loser y'all. I often wonder what I will feel like once I've finished off these 15+ pounds to go? Will I be let down? No more excitement? Just maintenance? No more awards or encouragement. What's wrong with me?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

There is nothing wrong with you! Losing weight is a long and challenging process. I think good days and bad days are normal. Being unmotivated is normal too. I know when I went through it, when I reached my goal, I was so ecstatic that even just maintaining it after that was something to keep working at. And that was 12 years ago! You're not just dieting, you've changed your eating habits and way of thinking, so when you hit your big goal, your new lifestyle will simply continue. And you'll always find words of encouragement here!!!

Becca said...

You are human. And that is a human emotion. Now is the time that you are going to have to start working on the emotional sides of maintaining your weight loss. You have done so well! Good job!

Becca

Anonymous said...

I have not been working as hard this last couple of weeks either but I'm back today and starting fresh!

You know I made rewards all they way out to 6 months at lifetime!

You can still reward your self, you still get all the support! we have a ton of lifetime members in our group!

after I reach 6 months life time I will make more rewards! :-)

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Don't be so hard on yourself. You have done really well. I think (for me anyways) it has to do with the holidays, the time of year, the season ... Don't worry. You'll get a re-charge soon. :)
Christina

Anonymous said...

Mom
Now be careful. Sometimes losing weight can become an addiction. I watched a program on HBO called THIN and it was about girls who lost weigh and now think they can't get too small and have anorexia and bulimia and have to go to a mental health facility and some even get so bad they try to commit suicide if they gain a pound or two.