Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's November already?

Michael broke his foot while playing kick ball in PE last week. It turned out to be only a fracture and nothing is displaced, so he needs to wear a walking cast for the next four weeks. It's in a place where the tendon pulls in the area of the fracture so the cast will stop him from using the muscle and keeping it to heal correctly. The other option is to put a screw in place. I think it will heal fine and I have no idea why he is excited about wearing the thing. He obviously thinks he needs sympathy and attention, probably from girls at school.

Savannah thoroughly enjoyed trick or treating! She would tell us, "Let's go to 'nother house, 'nother house!" And then she'd say "tricktreat" before the door would open and I'd have to remind her to say it again. As we left each house she'd say "thank you." It was so cute. If the neighbors allowed her to choose her own candy she would pick and pick and at one stop she wasn't finished and yelled out, "I want sucker I want sucker!"

We went to my mom's to visit, but forget about the pizza. Savannah requested soda and happy cake as soon as she saw them sitting on the counter. And before we left, Grandma gave us some cookie dough free from the pizza place and put it in Savannah's little pumpkin bucket so we wouldn't forget it when we left. In no time, Savannah had it open. That girl loves sweets! I feel so bad cause we live so far away that none of us kids are together with Mom on Halloween any more. It was fun to see my neices and nephews and their costumes and have doughnuts and cider. It seems there are always those same memories that we will always miss and dream to have again.

Good job for Jacob though. He originally wanted to go trick or treating with his buddy, I know what you are thinking, too old. I told him that too. But then when I asked him why he didn't go, he stated that his friend decided to bring along another kid. A kid that he referred to as a pot head. So Jake told me he didn't want to hang around him. Good choice.

Lunch with my sister last week was nice. We got to catch up on a lot of things and hopefully we'll start to get together more often. Oh, and the dessert was heaven! Thanks Tina!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Finally!!!!!!!!! I have been trying to post since this am! but blogger would not load the comments window for me grrrrrr.

Any way LOL
Savannah looks like she is not sure what to make of the insides LOL

I hope Michael will heel quickly! We know all about broken bones here! OY!

and Yeah for Jacob! you have rasied him well!!!!!!!

Becca said...

So what was for dessert??? :-)

Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

we miss you too on Halloween. I had to work and Lacey doesnt need me anyway. She was a gypsy and her and her friends went to a trunk or treat. Halloween isn't like it used to be. Monica