Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Christmas Poll

I was thinking of how next week is already Thanksgiving and as I started to get excited and hungrier than ever I decided to focus my thoughts on Christmas instead.

So what gets you in the Christmas spirit? I find that I've been wondering if mine will come this year but as I walk by people's offices and hear their Christmas music, it seems to be sparking some excitement after all. That and the fact that I'm off tomorrow and can finally start some shopping! Woo hoo! For me, it's music, memories, and movies that get me in the spirit.

I guess the reason for my doubt of having spirit this year is that I have been reflecting and taking inventory of all the disappointing things that has happened during the year. That and not knowing what next year will hold. My poor husband has not been able to really settle down since he moved here from Wyoming and it seems that the problem is not finding a job when his plant shuts down, but finding one that he can retire with and like. Yes, we found out a couple of weeks ago that they are consolidating and will be closing in January. At least it's after Christmas, right?

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am having a really hard time getting into the holiday spirit right now. I am trying. I am going through the motions anyway, hoping that it will kick in. We all do the best that we can and make the memories with those that we love. Does that make sense?

Hugs,
Becca

meg said...

I have problem getting into the spirit most every year- just seems like extra work- but the pressure is off this year since we're going away. What usually turns the tide for me is going up to the little towns in the Sierra foothills, like Sutters Creek or Grass Valley-they put on festivals & open houses, with music, food & crafts. I also try to attend a concert or play- this year, Handel's Messiah is being done at our church (& I'm not singing!)