Monday, January 01, 2007

All's Well That Ends Well

So it's 2007. Wow. We celebrated with my babysitter and her family and had a blast. We made prime rib and Alaskan King crab, had a relish tray, chips & salsa, shrimp coctail, and cheesecake. Enough to feed 4 adults, 4 teenagers, and 3 little kids. There wasn't any meat left. At all. Yes it was that good. Now I know why I got fat. I married a damn good chef that isn't afraid to spend $40 on seafood. Maybe that's cause he knows how to cook it. Me on the other hand, when I was single I didn't even dare buy steak. I didn't know what cut to buy nor did I know how to cook it.

Today we took down our tree and decorations. I miss Christmas. It is sad just like every other year. I love all the time spent with family and all the celebrating and when it's over I go through withdrawals. I'm weird like that.

So I wonder if I should have a "bake" sale? I have so many goodies that need to be eaten and are not disappearing fast enough. Like Charlie said, "It's Halloween all over again!"

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

meg said...

Happy New Year, Tulabell!
Sounds like quite a spread- all I could managed after 26 hrs of travel was fish sticks for one & a package of M&M's :)

Jamie said...

Happy New Year! I'm like you, I get really sad when Christmas is over. Hey, you can always send your goodies to me;o)

Becca said...

Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I LOVE King Crab! Let me know when the hubby is cooking again and I'll catch a flight out:) LOL Hope the week was good to you. Enjoy your weekend:) ~Missy