Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What's up?

Savannah's been sick the last few days but I think she's pretty much over it. Good thing because we are having a birthday party for her and Charlie on Saturday. Michael has pharyngitis and I have a nasty cough that is really getting to me! I wish it would be more productive and less annoying so that it will get this junk out of my lungs.

Well my "honey-do" list is about to end, at least for the week days. Charlie has been extended a job offer. If he passes his background test he will start as soon as possible. I'm sure he'll pass it, but for some reason when people are looking at you with a microscope it always tends to make you a little nervous. So he's anxiously awaiting their call.

I saw a lady I work with the other day that I hadn't seen for two years and it sure felt good to have her notice how much weight I lost. I didn't think I was as big as I was for some reason and when people say things like they do it really boosts my ambition to move forward to lose the rest. I do admit though that WW is right about people losing more that attend the meetings. Since I've quit going I haven't stayed on my plan. Not even one week. But I haven't gained yet either. Yet; now that's the key word.

Funny thing. We had a Santa sighting the other day! This isn't the first time it's happened to me having two other toddlers before now, but what is funny is that Savannah didn't call the guy Santa. Yes, we were standing in the checkout line at the store and the guy behind us was wearing a full beard and mustache and had white hair with some blonde in it. She points to him as I'm writing my check out and says, "Christmas." I look at her and said, "What?" So she lifts her finger again and says, "Christmas." I turned around thinking there were still Christmas items for clearance in the aisle but instead it is a guy who somewhat resembled a Santa. He got a chuckle out of it. I bet older men with white beards hear it all year round. Maybe that's why they like to wear them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fom Mom

It's this fetid air and the inversion that has made people sick. I am sick of it! I have not yet gotten a cold but I have a lot of headaches probably because of this unclean air.

meg said...

Well, tell Charlie "Happy Birthday" & enjoy the party- just spike the punch with B-12 & Listerine :P
Great news on the job offer; I know what you mean, being nervous about nothing- it's like when I see a police car behind my car & I think he's calling in my plates :S