Saturday, February 24, 2007

Stressed spells "desserts" backwards alright!

There are people out there that say they lose weight when they are stressed or depressed. Well not me. I think I've let myself do this though. It's no one's fault but my own. So how do you gain 3 1/2 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks? You eat cookies, and cake, and chocolate, and snacks, and anything that is fried and totally ignore any of your better judgement.

Don't know if it made me feel better or not. But now I'm paying for it. Yes the last time I was at my current weight was in November. I did good to keep it down but with all that's gone on lately I let myself go on a rampage.

Well I'm off to my Saturday chores and then go shopping with my friend. Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sorry the situation with Michael isn't improving. Give it time. With maturity comes changes. You and your family are in my daily prayers and I hope you can find many other things to smile about.

As for the food and stress...I hear you! As soon as I worry about anything, I eat my way through it...and eat and eat and eat.

Each time you reach for something, try forcing yourself to think of all the great progress you had made and can continue to make. And head to the treadmill and burn off that stress!

Enjoy your shopping and buy something fun!

Unknown said...

I, too am sorry things aren't getting any better. If only he could see how much this impacts his future. Yeah, right. He's a teen-ager. Hang in there!!!

Becca said...

I am sorry that your son is still acting out. It has been a few days since you posted. How are things? If you need an ear, please let me know and you will have my ear.
Hugs,
Becca