Monday, March 12, 2007

Update

Nothing like a good spring cleaning to refresh your mood. Even with all the scrapes and sore muscles and joints from bending in places I forgot I had, it really put me in a better mood! I re-joined Weight Watchers last week to and am happy to say that I feel back on track and in control again. Those meetings really do make a difference, but I guess only the scale will tell.

So we're planning on traveling down the Oregon Coastline this August with my mom and brother. I am looking forward to it. I don't remember how long it's been since I've been on a real vacation lasting over three days and many miles away.

Life is still moving on otherwise, work's been busy, weekend's are busy. The only thing I do in my free time besides playing with Savannah, is put together a photomosaic puzzle of Tigger together. It calms me, but I think leaning over the stupid thing is killing my back. Time to get a folding table I guess.

I don't hear from Michael, but I never expected to either. His birthday is at the end of this month. It will feel weird to send him a card in the mail. Jake will be 16 a few days after Michael's birthday and all he can talk about it is getting a Zune. What happened to my baby boy??? He won't be starting Driver's Education until the beginning of the next school year and when I offered to have him go to a summer class, he didn't sound too interested. I don't think he's in too big of a hurry to start driving yet, but that will change. You wait and see.

3 comments:

Becca said...

You are coming to Oregon??? Yay! You will have to let me know..we live an hour from the ocean and an hour from Mt. Hood!

Becca

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Michael moved out but as you already know you are not to blame! And yes as much as we want to protect them and we know what is best for them they sometimes just have to learn it the hard way. Unfortunately, not graduating is a huge thing. They often will not have the confidence to go back and finish. I will pray that Michael see's the light soon and as for you-I know you miss him and I'm sure he misses you too. ~ Missy

meg said...

Yes, a good spring "turn-out" is good for clearing out all different kinds of cobwebs.
Sorry that things are still ick w/Michael- I know what you are going through- same type of crap with my daughter. Hang tough.
Sam turned 16 last month & fortunately isn't in any rush to start driving either; it'll be at least a year before he'll start.