Friday, April 13, 2007

You say you did what?



Yep, we bought a new car! I love it but isn't it sickening that I'd rather not drive it to keep it new? It's so fun. When the guy at the dealership tried selling us a car, it felt as if we were driving the one we already had. You'd think he'd listen to me tell him, "I want something different! I'm tired of cars." But he insisted we take it for a drive anyway, no go though, not until we heard about this manual 2WD that came with a price that tapped out just under the maximum limit we would spend. Our other cars are up there in mileage and soon Jake will need a car himself. I told Charlie that if we went window shopping we would find something we like, but he didn't believe me. I swear they put pheromones in those new cars that make you instantly sign the paperwork to take them home!

5 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

Good for you! (This must be some kind of rite of passage; kid grows to adulthood, sorta-kinda-maybe, and mom gets a NEW CAR! I'm still liking my Honda Accord Hybrid, too - but yours is neat. I want one like yours - in candy-apple red - next time.)

Jamie said...

Hey...that's one of the models we are going to look at. Just waiting to pay off my husband's truck so we don't have 2 car payments.

I've been checking your blog waiting for an update. I hope you are doing ok.

Unknown said...

How FUN! I just got a new Honday SUV (Pilot) and love it!

I'm sorry I haven't tuned in for a while but I'm getting caught up on everything. I cannot believe the journey you've been down with Michael these past months...and how that will still continue for a long while!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new car!

The new car smell is one of the best. lol

I hope you're doing well. I'm sure this is all very hard on you. Mine turned 18 last week and no, he definitely would not be ready to be a husband, a provider. If only they could learn from our past mistakes. Heck, they had to live through our mistakes. You'd think that would be enough!

Ok, well I'll check back soon. Take care,
Christina

meg said...

OMG, Tulabell! He got married? Good grief- they really know how to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Well, they say God watches over fools & children, so they are covered on all fronts. I'll be praying for you- what an adjustment in thinking.
Love your new ride- hope you are enjoying it :)