Thursday, June 07, 2007

Weird weather we've been havin'

So it was odd driving to work today and see all the white caps over the mountains. High today will be 55. It is so cold that even Savannah was requesting to watch Frosty the Snowman this morning. I like it though, we haven't turned on our central air yet! I am actually anticipating our utility bill and am excited to see the savings!

So upon news that we're getting our loan next week we are going to go fence shopping on Saturday. I wish I knew someone that could give us a good recommendation for a local company. It is quite a big purchase and I really, really don't want Charlie to do it himself to save money. It would be nice to watch someone else do all the work for a change. I also want to get some trees and our flower bed edging finished as well and I also need recommendations on what kind of trees to get. I want good shade trees but also ones that will not create a mess in the spring with blossoms or in the fall with leaves (although that's probably impossible). If there's anyone out there that can help, I'd appreciate it.

Bear is making progress in the potty training department, but I can't wait for that fence! He was good to let me know he needed out this morning and the mornings he is always good. I think he is just like a kid in that during the day he gets to playing and is so sidetracked he doesn't even think about it and sometimes will just go when he needs. We've learned to take him out every 30 minutes and while it's aggravating, I keep my hope for when the day comes that he is finally trained.

Jacob has a job interview at Subway. He says he's excited and this being his first job, that's good. He applied at the closest pet stores in our area but since that didn't pan out, no hurt in trying for something else to give him some work experience and a little change in his pocket.

I haven't heard anything about Michael since two weeks ago. In fact the last contact anyone in my family had with him was when he dropped to dog off at our house. My mom has been on a cruise this week, so she's not home to get weird messages from his work or him stopping by for favors or to check on messages. I'm assuming they haven't gone over or my brother would have said something too. I have been wondering about him and how they are doing, but I have to hope for the best.

2 comments:

meg said...

Oh, my- Bear is a real cutie, allright! Even though I've never raised a dog, I know it's a lot of work in the beginning, but it will all be worth it in the end.
Yes, it was fairly mortifying to have my more "carnal" side come out in front of the pastor's wife; but this is one of the things that I love about both of them- while I was embarrassed, I knew I wasn't being judged or looked down on. They are real, down-to-earth people, who have been very open about their own struggles- their oldest is living with his gf & we've commiserated over our mutual "prodigal kids"- & have an great sense of humor. Ours is a pretty laid back church (with a few notable exceptions) which is why we've felt so comfortable there; no one has ever made a big deal about my being divorced & serving in ministry- some churchs, there would be no way I'd be allowed in leadership. It's hard dealing with those "one man band" people, especially when they are pickly like your pastor's wife sounds. I don't like it when people "church shop" but really, everyone needs to find a place where they are comfortable & accepted- then serving becomes natural.

Anonymous said...

55 Degrees!! Burrrr ... Goodness, it's like 100 here, quite a difference!

A new puppy ... mine have been wanting one for so long ... they're wearing me down ... maybe soon I'll get them one.

Well, I'm at work so I best get back to it. Have a good weekend!! :)