Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Wednesday!

Finally, some slowing down at work. I am thinking this would have been the better time to have taken a vacation. Now we just need to plan next year's family trip!

I think I'm finally starting to feel normal again at home. At first when we got back, I was antsy to not be there, but now I enjoy it again. We had some friends over for a BBQ on Saturday and it was nice to not worry about if the kids got out of the yard. I love our fence! I also had them bring their dog to play with ours, however it is a mastiff so I think we're a little premature in thinking Bear is big enough to play back. We also found a great patio set on sale at 1/2 off and now I can say I feel like I have a real back yard now.

This weekend we are finally seeing Harry Potter and going out to celebrate my recent salary increase I got at work. (I know, anything to make an excuse to dine out and have a drink.) Jacob finally got to see Simpson's last weekend, so at last, no more nagging. Eh, I'll wait to rent it.

And of course I gained about a pound and a half over vacation and have been worried that our WW at work meeting wouldn't start up without enough people to sign up but thankfully we are okay. I know if I hadn't this meeting at work, my chances are slim to none for going to them outside of work which would result in going back to old habits. To me that would be one more errand or chore that I don't want. You figure I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning and don't get back until about 5:30, depending on how long I visit with the sitter, so my week is shot for any extracurricular activities outside of doing dinner, dishes, bathing, and reading Savannah a book before I hit the sack. Saturdays are errand running days and chore days. Sunday is our only day to relax.

Anyway, enough of me rambling. I hope you all enjoy the slide show of our pics from vacation, I know I do!

2 comments:

meg said...

What a great idea to have a WW group at work- I just wish we had enough employees (we have 22 total at all 3 sites)

Rambling Rita said...

You didn't tell me you bought a patio set. That's great. Summer will soon be over, it went fast.