Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Growing up!

My babies at home are growing up too fast.

Jake started driving range last night. Just like it was for me, Driver Education is his favorite class. I can't believe my baby boy will be driving soon! (Actually he's hardly a baby boy, he passed my height up a long time ago and shot up just like a weed. Kind of funny how he was short for what seemed like forever. Not anymore. But he'll always be my baby boy.) I've been thinking about handing down my Dad's brown truck to him and to let him put in his name when he graduates High School. I just really trust him to take care of it and it would be better that he use it rather than it just sit around collecting dust. Besides, isn't it an honor to be given such a sentimentally valued item?

Savannah started preschool yesterday. She was so excited to tell me about it even before she went. I think it will give her a good start that I wasn't able to offer to my other kids but get this; (and I love my husband for this) ever since I told him, Charlie has been so worried that we are pushing her too far too fast by letting her go a half year earlier than we discussed. I reassured him that at this age it's like a glorified play date with structure and that if she doesn't like it we would take her out. I love him for being concerned for her sake and not the money's sake, and I realize he's just as scared as I am to let her grow up too fast. I also love him for the fact that I know another person that was told by her husband she could not let their kids into preschool because "he" didn't want to pay for it. I see this comparison of Charlie to this guy as well as to my first husband's lack of interest or even desire to give an opinion on his kids and this is what makes him a true father. All the more to prove item #2 in my tagged list below. :)

2 comments:

meg said...

I know- where does the time go? Sam is a junior & starting driver's ed, & he's my baby :(
He was the same way about the height- he was so much smaller then everyone else for a long time; suddenly, in the past 18 months he's shot up (though he's still not filled out)

Rambling Rita said...

That's great! I am sorry we did not have the money to send you guys to preschool. Of course I was not working most of the time so that was one reason why we did not send you. Matt was the only one who went because I was working and he hated it.