Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday is a special day....

Planting trees!

Savannah playing on the swing set near the Peach tree.

Planting the flowering pear trees in the city strip. This was not as exciting to us as we didn't get to make the choice as we did with the others. The whole town has them and we were told to use this type of tree so just to mix things up we also planted a flowering crabapple next to our mailbox! Take that! (picture not shown.)

My favorite of all, the Linden tree. Funny how when we went shopping and I saw them at the nursery I really didn't want it but it was something that Charlie wanted so I decided no matter. Now I love it!

Backyard view of the Fruitless Mulberry. This one isn't so hot looking now, but we saw a full grown one at the nursery and fell in love with it. Looked like a good climbing, shade, and over all a "happy little tree."

Yes, finally after living here for 4 years now, we have trees! Just like kids and pets, we'll watch them grow. As we complete more and more on our house from when we got here and it was brand new, I think about all that we have done and yet to do as well as what I'd like to improve and I decided there are now only two things that I really dislike about my house the way it is now and they are:

1 - The commute. (this will get better in time though, the place is growing like a madhouse so of course it will fill out before the next 5 years and the fact that I work so far away is my own fault)

2 - My carpet. It was once beautiful and soft and luscious until we had a kitten, a baby, a dog, and now a puppy. I can't even stand to look at it or walk on it and to tell you the truth, I'd rather invite my company over when it's dark out and we are using candle light. Yes that is how embarrassed I am about it. Been thinking about getting hard wood flooring done or even vinyl...

The things that I absolutely love about my home:

1 - The night sky. Little to no light and you feel as if you are actually in the Milky Way.

2 - No sirens. No city crap. So quiet and peaceful. I especially love Halloween here. It's like I remember, all the kids in the streets at night getting all the loot they can. None of the "trunk or treat" stuff around here to make sure kids are safe.

3 - Our new backyard! I love having a fence and now patio furniture. We use our back yard like we never had. BBQ'ing has a whole new facade for me and it reminds me of growing up at home where we always ate outside as a family.

4 - My new vinyl floor in my laundry room! Thanks sweetie for putting it in and thank you Home Depot for having an awesome close out sell on those tiles. I love not standing on the cold cement any longer.

So you see I could probably go on and on even more with the stuff I love yet there are only two things I would like to really get changed...and you wait and see, they will! (Eventually, just as soon as those trees start growing that money!)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Your view of the mountains is absolutely gorgeous!