Friday, November 09, 2007

Yikes, Teenager on the Road!

Jake has gotten his learner's permit to drive...well technically he doesn't have it yet until he re-takes the eye test that he failed. He's had and needed glasses for about 10 years now or more but does he wear them? No. Neither do I wear mine and so you see my examples are not well as a mother. He gets the glasses this weekend and one thing that will guarantee to keep them on his nose is knowing he cannot drive without them. Wearing them will also really help with his school work although he may not believe that. He asks to drive everywhere all the time even if it's a block over to his friends and back. I remember that old feeling of being in control of the wheel and how exciting it was.

I think I ought to get some new glasses for myself and wear them too, besides I noticed my sight is/has gotten worse. Maybe after Christmas, I will make it a new year's resolution to wear them...my problem is I feel like such a nerd when I have them on. I just need to get over it or try contacts. I guess if Jacob can do it and not worry about what his peers will say then I have no excuse and can do it too. Funny observation for me that the tables can turn and your kids can influence you to be better too, not just the other way around.

No comments: